Mr. B and The Band
Blues and boogie-woogie pianist Mark “Mr. B” Braun has become one of the premiere purveyors of a vanishing art. Having learned his craft first-hand from the early masters, he is a rare living link to the first generation of blues and boogie pianists. In demand for both educational programs and concert performances, he has performed coast to coast and all over Europe, Canada and Mexico - from roadhouses to the Pianissimo Series at the National Center for the Arts in Ottawa. His great spirit and big singing voice, combined with his lyrical whistling have thrilled audiences worldwide.
Mr. B has already established himself as a force to be reckoned with. He is an electrifying performer and creative individual who puts it all on the line with every show, using his knowledge of seven decades of boogie to good advantage. While being a skilled and far reaching pianist, Mr. B. is also an adept storyteller, taking his cues from the bluesmen he has hung out with - Blind John, Little Brother, Sunnyland Slim and Champion Jack Dupree, among others.
Great Lakes Performing Artist Associates
Introducing Mr. B's Joybox Express
Links to additional videos of Mr. B performing on YouTube:
- Live at the Kerrytown Concert House (Joybox Records 019) 2002
- Joybox (Joybox Records 018) 1998
- Hallelujah Train (School Kids Records 1527) 1995
- Blue Ivory (Blind Pig 4591) 1991 compilation with Roosevelt Sykes, Henry Gray & Boogie Woogie Red
- My Sunday Best (School Kids Records 1501) 1991
- Partners in Time (Blind Pig 2988) 1988
- Shining the Pearls (Blind Pig 1886) 1986
- Detroit Special (Oldie Blues 8010) 1985—import
- B’s Bounce (Boo Kay 0200) 1984