YouthQuest is a high-quality, research-based afterschool program offering educational and enrichment activities that engage young minds. Available at 15 sites in the city of Flint and Genesee County, YouthQuest serves nearly 2,000 students in grades K-12. The program is administered by the Genesee Area Focus Fund, a supporting organization of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, with support from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation and 21st Century Community Learning Centers. For more information, visit www.yquest.org.
About the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
Serving the community for over 100 years, the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce is a premier business membership organization unlike most chambers of commerce. In addition to traditional member services, our responsibility includes serving as the lead economic development agency for Flint & Genesee, marketing tourism, youth and business training, and a Shared Services Center.
Collaboration is one of our core strengths. To affect real and lasting change, inclusiveness and collaboration are keys to success. We form partnerships with private businesses, education and governmental agencies at the local, state and federal levels, as well as grant-making foundations to fuel economic growth and bring positive change to the region. For more information, visit www.flintandgenesee.org. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The following is a list of groups for which Mr. B's Joybox Express has helped raise funds
- St. Vincent Home for Children/St. Vincent Catholic Charities, Lansing, MI
- Wild Swan Theater, Ann Arbor, MI
- LACASA Family Shelter, Howell, MI
- Chelsea Center for the Arts, Chelsea, MI
- Michigan State University Communicative Sciences & Disorders Mexico Health Project, E. Lansing MI
- Foundation for Mott Community College Athletic Fund, Flint, MI
- Trails Edge Camp, “A Camp for Ventilator-Dependent Children,” Mott Children’s Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI
- The Tiny Scarabs, family chamber music program of the Scarab Club, Detroit, MI
- Early Exposure, City of Detroit Recreation Department, Detroit, MI
- Saugatuck/Douglas District Library “Note-able Pages” (children’s music and reading program), Saugatuck, MI
- Grand Rapids Coalition to End Homelessness, Grand Rapids, MI
- James Tatum Foundation for the Arts (youth in music), Detroit, MI
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Southeast Michigan Metro Detroit Chapter
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan, Ann Arbor